Hardwood Floor Care Tips / Denver / The Front Range
Caring for Your Hardwood Floor
(As recommended by the National Wood Floor Association)
- Use dirt trapping walk-off mats to all exterior doors.
- Strong sunlight can cause fading of wood and wood stain. To avoid uneven appearance move area rugs occasionally and drape or shade large windows to avoid direct sunlight on the wood.
- Apply fabric-faced glides to the legs of your furniture.
- Vacuum or dust your wood floor as often as you vacuum your carpet.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a damp (not wet) cloth.
- Standing moisture can damage poorly finished floors.
- Avoid soaps. They can build up and create problems. For cleaning use cleaners, that are specifically formulated for wood floors like wood cleaner.
- We recommend using Floor guards when moving appliances. Floor guards will prevent damage to your floors from sharp edges an even the weight of the appliance. A heavy refrigerator can leave indentations in some floors.